Join the Danish pavilion at FOODEX 2020
Join FOODEX JAPAN - one of the two largest exhibitions for food and beverages in Asia 10 - 13 March 2020.
With more than 72.000 visitors during the four exhibition days FOODEX JAPAN is one of the two largest exhibitions for food and beverages in Asia. It is the main event for imported food and beverages in the northern part of Asia.
By joining the Danish Pavilion at FOODEX JAPAN you get the best platform for positioning your products to high end buyers and food professionals from Japan and from the region; South Korea, Taiwan and China who looks at Japan for trends within the food and beverages sector.
The pavilion is organized by The Confederation of Danish Industry together with Bio aus Dänemark and with The Danish Agriculture & Food Council as co-organizers.
Being part of a joint pavilion is an effective and cost efficient way for your company to attract potential customers. Furthermore, it will offer networking possibilities and an opportunity to exchange knowledge with exhibitors with similar interests in Asia.
The Danish Pavilion will be built with a distinct Danish identity. All walls will feature wall-to-wall prints of product photos and your company logo printed on the front—all included in your price.
You will get
- A booth at the National Danish Pavilion at FOODEX JAPAN 2020 in Tokyo 10-13 March 2020.
- A turnkey solution for your company with a walk-on stand fully equipped with counters, chairs, tables, shelves, lightning and wall-to-wall prints and access to a shared storage room with fridge and coffee.
- Exhibit delivery, design, individual consultancy and decoration
- Coordination of services provided by the exhibition organizers, including exhibition catalogue
- Coordination of joint freight and customs clearance
- Coordination of flight and hotel reservations
- DI and Bio aus Dänemark will provide assistance in all aspects related to your participation, both before as well as during the expo.
Who should join?
FOODEX JAPAN 2020 is the best platform for any company within the below sectors who wants to strengthen their market profile or explore business opportunities in Japan:
- Beef meat
- Beverages – alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Coffee, tea, fruit juice, mineral water and soft drinks.
- Dairy products
- Dietetic products
- Eggs and egg products
- Food oils
- Food service
- Frozen food
- Fruits and vegetables
- Herbs and spices
- Meat and meat products
- Organic products
- Pork meat
- Poultry meat
Japan imports 60 per cent of their food and agricultural products making the country the third largest importer in the world. The Japanese market for food is a lucrative high-end market with a value of approximately 2,574 billion DKK. At the same time, Japan has a very low food self-sufficiency of only 39 per cent, and is therefore critically dependent on imports.
There are three key factors affecting food exports to Japan. Japanese consumers in general are very curious in relation to imported products and see them as being of a high quality. Furthermore, the strong Yen exchange rate has boosted food import from foreign countries to Japan and helped increasing the attractiveness of foreign food products. Japanese consumers are renowned for their demand for high quality food and for a high level of food safety for imported products. The Danish level of food safety and quality gives food products from Denmark an advantage on the Japanese market.
The Danish Pavilion at FOODEX is the best platform for your company to start up new business or maintain existing customers in Japan and its neighbouring countries.