Water Solutions to the Bangladesh Textile Industry
Take advantage of this new market opportunity for water-related technologies appearing in Bangladesh due to its huge textile industry requiring sustainable solutions and efficient solutions to minimize environmental and health impacts
A new market for water related technologies is appearing in Bangladesh in relation to its huge readymade garments and textile industry which requires sustainable and efficient solutions to minimize its many environmental and health impacts.
Together with the Embassy of Denmark in Bangladesh, the Confederation of Danish Industry invites Danish companies to participate in this delegation to gain direct insight into the industry and the opportunities in the Bangladesh readymade garments and textile industry.
Sustainability is low in Bangladesh’ textile industry. Added to the pressure of a large population, rapid and unplanned growth of the industry has had severe impact on the environment, including declining groundwater levels and deteriorating river water quality. Bangladesh is the world’s second largest exporter of ready made garments. The environmental challenges and excessive water usage threatens the future for this important sector.
Led by Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), the market is reacting and increasingly demanding local producers and supply chain factories to respect the international requirements for sustainability. The government is in the preparation of a new policy to improve water usage in this sector.
This calls for change, and how it can lower water use, improve waste water treatment, bring in efficiency and sustainable practices. This is where Danish companies have an advantage!
Danish technology and know-how within water efficiency and waste water treatment brought into play will bring large export potential for Danish products, innovation and solutions. This delegation will be a driver to create a strong platform for Danish companies in bringing solutions to the factories.
This is a unique opportunity to gain first-mover advantages, finding the right partners and gain insights into a new and unexplored market.
Furthermore, solving the challenges of Bangladesh’ waste water contributes to the UN SDGs:
- SDG 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- SDG 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
By participating in this delegation, you will gain unique opportunities and access to:
- Key garment stakeholders
- Site visits to production facilities
- Key government stakeholders
- Insights from experts working on the ground
- Reception and seminars
The delegation will provide solid insight in the following topics:
- Framework conditions in Bangladesh on water usage and utility within the industry
- Bring environmental compliance and water pricing on the agenda. Zero Liquid Discharge/ZLD
- Innovation within the sector and enhanced application of new technologies
- On ground implementation - solution based approach anchored on the pre-assessment of needs and Danish tech solutions and core expertise
- Local and external financing opportunities and schemes in support of the conversion towards more efficient and environmentally friendly production.