Webinar: Opportunities for Denmark in Thailand’s expanding healthcare sector
The Confederation of Danish industry, Danish Export Association and the Danish Embassy in Thailand are pleased to invite you to a webinar on opportunities in the Thai healthcare sector for Danish companies. Join to get the latest updates on challenges and needs in both the private and public healthcare sectors.
With the advancement of Thailand’s healthcare industry, the country is emerging as a regional medical hub and a popular destination for medical tourism. Thailand is gaining a recognition for the quality of its healthcare services, and in the 2019 edition of its Health Care Index, CEOWorld magazine ranked Thailand best in ASEAN and sixth in the world for health care among 89 countries.
However, Thailand must overcome rising challenges – one being a rapidly ageing population. It is expected that Thailand will be the third country in Asia, after Japan and Singapore, with a large proportion of elderly people. The Thai population aged 60 years and over will exceed 20 per cent by 2025 and 30 per cent by 2035.
This leads to high growth in demand for medical and healthcare treatment. Many new healthcare projects are emerging to meet these challenges. New players including CP Group and TCC Group, which are among the largest multi-business conglomerates in Thailand and Asia have entered the market and are starting major investment projects within the medical/healthcare sector. Furthermore, several hospitals are going through a digital transformation to improve efficiency and hospital logistics.
In this webinar, we will share the results from a study conducted with private and public hospitals on the current challenges and their needs. This includes:
- Opportunities for Danish companies in the healthcare industry, especially within Elderly Care & Dementia, Telehealth and Hospital Logistics
- Prioritized/needed technologies
- Prioritized type of hospital projects
- New hospital projects
- Welcome by the Confederation of Danish industry & Danish Export Association
- Introduction to the study with private and public hospitals on the current challenges and their needs by Commercial Counsellor Nils Robenhagen
- Presentation of study and findings by YCP Solidiance
- Brief about the Pavilion of Denmark at Medical Fair Thailand 2021 by Head of Health Tech at the Danish Export Association, Thomas Andersen
- Conclusion by Commercial Counsellor Nils Robenhagen