Boost your business in the U.S. – promotion with the Minister of Industry, Business, and Financial Affairs to SelectUSA
Now you have the opportunity to be a part of the official Danish delegation to the SelectUSA Investment Summit 2023 on May 1-4, 2023, in Washington DC. This is a unique chance to meet and network with potential partners, investors, sector specialists, and decision makers on both federal and state level.
The SelectUSA Summit is the American Government’s official event for investment promotion, and the largest yearly event that exclusively focuses on international companies’ activities in the U.S. The event is organised by the U.S. Department of Commerce and is a mix of keynote presentations from Department Secretaries and top government officials from the Biden Administration, and sector specific and topic-based lectures. Moreover, an exhibition area where you can set up meetings with decision makers from all 50 states, and representatives from the federal government will be at your disposal.
Normally, the event attracts more than 3,500 attendees from all over the world. In addition to the networking opportunities with public decisionmakers from venture capital funds and top members of the American business community, the conference also presents an opportunity to get an understanding of the US business climate.
Special Danish Programme
As participant you will gain extraordinary access to high-level decisionmakers, and besides attending SelectUSA you will also have access to a parallel programme and unique networking opportunities before and after the visit, including:
1) An exclusive networking reception hosted by Ambassador Leventhal (and the Minister of Industry, Business, and Financial Affairs, Morten Bødskov TBC) at the residence of the American Ambassador to Denmark (Rydhave) for the whole delegation prior to the departure to the U.S.
2) Meet & Greet with high-level officials and policy makers from the Biden administration. We are working on securing meetings with high-level representatives from the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. department of Energy among others.
3) Networking reception at the Danish Embassy in Washington DC, with the option of inviting up to two American guests per attending Danish company, where representatives of Congress and the Biden administration will attend as well.
4) Seminar on the effects of the Inflation Reduction Act, CHIPS ACT, etc. for Danish companies.
5) Session on how to establish oneself as a Danish company in the American market.
6) Delegation dinner, with the option of inviting up to two guests per attending Danish company, and with participation from the Ambassador, the Minister of Industry, Business, and Financial Affairs, members of Congress, and members of the Biden administration.
7) Breakfast meeting and briefing by the Danish Minister of Industry, Business, and Financial Affairs, focusing on Danish business policy and the Danish Governments planned actions, including the green transition.
The delegation’s programme is adjusted continuously to ensure the highest relevance.
Sessions for the delegation will be at a high technical and academic level and include everything from how to structure a company in the U.S, to specific tax incentives, to logistics and localization strategies. Further, many sector sessions are planned, which will go in depth with specific circumstances relevant to everything from fintech to cleantech, from software to shipping, from medico to energy, and much more.
In other words, four days in Washington DC which will help you expand your business in the U.S. or accelerate an already positive development. . The delegation is both relevant for companies on their way into the U.S. market, start-ups looking for American investors, and for those already established in the U.S. but with ambitions to expand.
Price and Requirements for Registration
14,500 DKK (ex. VAT), per company/attendee. The price includes a 4-days access card to SelectUSA (worth 1,095 USD), and the special delegation programme includes access for two invited guests in the open points in the agenda. Should the company wish to enrol more than one attendee, the price for each extra attendee is 10,000 DKK (ex VAT). Register these extra participants by writing their full name, e-mail, and company in the comment box. . For participants already registered for SelectUSA, 7,000 DKK will be deducted from the participation price. Flights and hotels expenses are not included in the price. . We recommend delegation participants to book the conference hotel, Gaylord Resort and Conference Center, which can be reserved at registration (rooms are guaranteed until April 7).
To participate in the delegation, with financial support from the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it requires that your company has been negatively affected by the UK’s exit from the EU, as the delegation will receive subsidy from the so-called Brexit-Funds. If you are unsure whether your company fulfils this requirement, you are welcome to contact Michelle Chen Møller, Adviser, International Trade and Market Development at the Confederation of Danish Industry, by e-mail: email@example.com or phone: +45 5218 5947.
BCD Travel is able to assist in booking flights and hotel rooms. Please make your bookings here.