Nordic Smart Cities project in Colombia
BUSINESS DELEGATION: Join this three-day visit and meet the decision-makers in both the public and private sector in Bogotá and Medellín.
Medellin has become famous for it’s impressive commitment to innovative and progressive social and architectural projects.
Colombia is calling! Smart city technologies, sustainable energy and environmental solutions are needed now. Colombia is a market with 49 million inhabitants, and is the third largest market in Latin America. Trade opportunities are booming, and Colombia has the past decade experienced strong growth rates and rising GDP per capita. The development has lifted Colombia out of poverty and into a lower-middle income country. The peace agreement between FARC and the Colombian government further supports this development.
The accession of Colombia to the OECD as of May 2018 will also strengthen the economy and create more confidence among foreign investors. Colombia is indisputably a market to keep an eye on for Nordic businesses. When it comes to solutions within smart cities, now is the time.
Participants will be introduced to key players from the smart city sector and create a strong network with other Nordic companies from Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. In addition, participants will gain a unique insight into the market opportunities, the players and regulations.
You will be able to:
- Present your solutions to top level management from both public and private entities
- Gain insight into procurement processes
- Learn about the newest Nordic smart city technology from invited guest speakers
- Meet sector and market specialists and find new business opportunities
- Exploit the networking opportunity both with relevant local stakeholders, but also with your Nordic colleagues
WHO SHOULD JOIN
The business delegation to Colombia is relevant for companies working within all areas of smart city technology. To name some, it is relevant for sup-pliers of solutions for:
- Waste management incl. waste to energy
- Renewable energy
- Water treatment incl. wastewater
- Urban mobility and transport