8 November 2018: UK Energy Opportunities II - a new paradigm on the horizon
Half-day energy trade conference in London.
Now is an exciting time for Nordic energy businesses to pursue projects and partnerships in the United Kingdom.
The energy system is transitioning, the government is implementing ambitious strategies for green growth, and there is no doubt that Great Britain is very much open for business. Also after March 2019
Join us for a half-day conference on the most significant trends shaping the focus of the UK energy landscape over the next decade, defining the scope of business opportunities ahead.
The conference is supported and framed by a powerful steering committee and offers an exclusive assembly of Nordic and UK business- and parliamentarian representatives within the energy sector and related industries.
A taste of what to expect:
- What are the British Government’s long-term commitments to promoting business opportunities and attracting international investments in the energy sector? Key note addresses by Minister of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Rt Hon. Claire Perry and response by Permanent Secretary at the Danish Minister for Energy, Utilities and Climate
- What defines the innovative currents of the energy sector in the UK, and how will it manifest itself in business development? Benjamin Kott, Founder & CEO of Fabriq and Strategy & Project Portfolio at Energiesprong UK, Kore Mason
- How are the major cities driving innovation, investments and development within energy businesses, affecting prosperity throughout the sectors? Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region Steve Rotheram
- Meet the established major players as well as exciting up and coming businesses – the key agents in driving innovation and opportunity, and in attracting interest and investments, while shaping market defining trends.
- Connect with high level stakeholders from the UK and Nordic countries
Moderator: Connie Hedegaard, Journalist, Chairwoman, former European Commissioner for Climate Action and Danish Minister of Climate & Energy.
09.00 Welcome by moderator Connie Hedegaard
09.05 Opening key note address by Claire Perry, Minister of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
09.20 Key note address by Morten Bæk, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate
09.40 Topic 1 – “Outlook – a business perspective on the UK energy sector looking ahead”, Dr. Jeffrey Hardy, Imperial College London
09.55 Topic 2 – “Innovation – a challenging deliberation over trends, developments and disruptions for the UK energy sector”, Kore Mason, Strategy & Project Portfolio Energiesprong UK and Benjamin Kott, founder and CEO of Fabriq
10.25 Topic 3 – “Service – trends in service offerings to the transforming energy sector”, Martin Sandgren Energy Partner at Ince & Co.
10.55 Topic 4 – “De-centralisation – how major cities are driving innovation and growth in the energy sector”, Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region
11.25 Topic 5 – “Investor – why now is a good time to invest in UK energy sector”, Ole Kjems Sørensen, Executive Vice President, Ørsted
11:45 Break out groups: 3 x 20 mins (please see topic details here)
12:50 Final key note address
13:15 Concluding remarks by Connie Hedegaard
13.20 Sandwiches end of program
08 November 2018
From 8.30am for 9am start to 1.30pm. Light lunch included
Ince & Co. 2 Leman St, Whitechapel, London E1 8QN
View prices, terms & conditions and sign up here.