Opportunities for sustainable development of the Polish dairy sector
Confederation of Danish Industry and the Danish Trade Council invite Danish companies to join the webinar and gain market insight in the Polish dairy sector and the possibilities for partnerships with Polish partners on their needs and desires to reach further development of more sustainable dairy production.
Access to this video requires login
- The state of the dairy sector in Poland - overview and opportunities
Pawel Wyrzykowski, Senior Analyst of Food & Agri Sector, International Food & Agri Hub, BNP Paribas Bank Polska
- The Polish Dairy Sector – from the perspective of the Dairies
Agnieszka Maliszewska, Director, Polish Chamber of Milk (PIM) & Vice-president, COGECA
- Opportunities for Danish companies - Trade Council Dairy Sector Plan in 2023, including strategic business alliance into Poland
Jeppe Juul Petersen, CEE Regional Team Leader Food and Agriculture at the Embassy of Denmark
- Questions and answers
Relevant partner companies
The webinar is relevant for companies providing the following technology and services to the dairy sector:
- Dairy equipment
- Automation and process control
- Process engineering and optimization
- Energy and resource monitoring and utilization
- Water management and processing
The Polish Dairy sector
The Dairy industry in Poland plays an important role in the total food and agricultural sector with around 13% of the total turnaround and exports to EU and beyond. It is an agile and adaptable sector with raising milk production recent years from 9,5 to 14 Mio. tons. Prices on dairy products have gained a 38% rise due to rising costs of energy, fertilizer and feed prompting a focus on resource efficient use of raw material, energy, and water.
The Polish government has ambitions of doubling the area of organic agriculture to 7% by 2025 as a consequence of EUs Green Deal. This is inspired by the Danish experiences including more production of organic milk.
This will create increased possibilities for Danish suppliers of technological solutions and service providers to the dairy and agricultural sector.
The webinar will highlight these trends and possibilities and provide direct insights via participation from PIM.
Polish dairy companies have directly expressed interest in the following topics:
- How to reduce the cost of CIP cleaning
- New energy-efficient machinery and examples of energy optimization/reduction
- Water use optimization techniques and examples of water cycle closure and recovery
- Processes for fractionating milk constituents
- Recycling of waste contaminated with organics and new approach to the use of whey permeate