Wind Energy Workshops
Wind energy is Denmark’s largest energy export area and Danish exporters have strong presence and commercial positions both onshore and offshore in our European home markets and in a range of global markets.
More recently, offshore wind energy has picked up dramatically, both in European, Asian and US markets with Danish expertise and technology in high demand from all sides. Danish enterprises, organizations and institutions are aggressively pursuing the opportunities, and a number of Danish experts are placed in strategic markets sharing Danish experience and paving the way for more Danish exports.
The Wind Energy Workshops are moderated by WindDenmark.
Wind Energy in Asia
Market workshop #1 from 11.00-12.00
Asian markets have arrived later to the wind energy table than Europe – but today some of the world’s strongest wind energy markets are Asian. And Danish enterprises are present – backed up by official Danish presence and collaboration with authorities in key markets. The Workshop will provide an overall market overview for Asia and a deep dive into the Japanese and Taiwanese markets.
- Market Fly-by Asia, Steen Broust Nielsen, Vice President, Head of Global Sales, Wood Mackenzie
- MHI Vestas, Carsten Hallund Slot, Head of Business Development
- Gülsüm Seeberg, Special Advisor, Danish Wind Authority Partnership Japan, Danish Energy Agency
- Sung-Yueh Yang, Commercial Officer Energy, Trade Council of Denmark in Taipei
- Other Asian markets: Vietnam by Senior Advisor Erik Kjær, Danish Energy Agency
Moderator by Søren Rasmussen, DWEA
North European Offshore Market
Market workshop #2 from 13.30-14.30
A strong collaboration around the North Sea has been formed to promote the build-out with offshore wind, enabling the North Sea to play its role as a European wind energy generator for the benefit of the overall European energy system. More recently, similar ambitions and steps are taking place around the Baltic Sea with new wind ambitions in Poland and other countries bordering to the Baltic Sea. The workshop investigate the business opportunities this development provides for Danish companies.
Baltic and North Sea Panel Discussion:
- Market Fly-by, Søren Lassen, Head of Offshore Wind Research, Wood Mackenzie
- Erik Tüxen, Commercial Advisor - Energy, Consulate General of Denmark in Hamburg, Germany
- Thomas Rizk, Minister Counsellor, Commercial Affairs/ Regional Coordinator CEE, Danish Embassy in Poland
- Sune Strøm, Senior Lead Regulatory Advisor, Ørsted
- Stewart Mullin, Global Director of Public Affairs, MHI Vestas Offshore Wind
- Pawel Przybylski, Managing Director, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Poland
Wind Energy – China vs. USA
Market workshop #3 from 15.00-16.00
China and USA are the largest wind energy markets in the world. Many Danish companies are deeply engaged in both export and production activities in the two countries. Wind energy continues to expand throughout the U.S. and China, and recently we have seen offshore wind gaining momentum. The workshop will provide a market overview of the two markets, but also focus on how to do business in both places at the same time – exchanging goods and services between the two countries in a time where trade war and harsh rhetoric is setting the scene.
- Market Fly-by, Shashi Barla, Principal Analyst, Wood Mackenzie
- Benoît Bizet, Special Advisor, Danish Energy Agency
- Steffen Rønsholdt Nielsen, Special Advisor, Danish Energy Agency
- Kresten Ørnbjerg Christensen, Head of Global Public Affairs,Vestas Wind Systems
- Ole Teglgaard, CEO, Resolux
- Michael Simmelsgaard, Managing Director, Ramboll Energy
Moderatored by Søren Rasmussen, DWEA
The above workshops are confirmed. Check this website for latest updates.
For all workshops, resource persons will be available to share their knowledge, representing:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs / The Trade Council
- Danish Energy Agency
- Wind Denmark
- Danish Wind Energy Export Association
- Confederation of Danish Industry