WEB-EVENT: Building Green Strategic Partnership between India and Denmark
The Indian Embassy in Denmark, CII, DI, IDCC and the Danish Export Association are delighted to invite you to this high-level web-event
The recently held meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and Denmark, H.E. Narendra Modi and Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen have given momentum to the bilateral relationship. Both leaders agreed to work towards a Green Strategic Partnership.
Therefore, this web-event will focus on four strategic sectors: Energy, Infrastructure, Water and Food Processing.
Mr. Lars Sandahl Sørensen, Director General and CEO of DI opens the webinar, and the significant line-up of speakers and presenters will be moderated by Mr. Thomas Bustrup, Deputy Director General and COO of DI. We offer you the opportunity to get a unique insight into India as a market and a partner for green growth:
Briefings on the current and future business environment in India, with a focus on Ease of Doing Business.
Updates on the most recent developments in each sector, by Indian top officials or high-profiled CEOs of the largest Indian conglomerates.
The perspectives from CEOs of well-established Danish companies in India.
10:30 Bilateral relations and doing business in India
• Welcome: Mr. Lars Sandahl Sørensen, Director General & CEO, DI
• Overview of bilateral relations and a Green Strategic Partnership: Danish Minister for Foreign Affairs Jeppe Kofod and H.E. Ambassador Ajit Gupte
• Reflections on the Green Strategic Partnership, Ambassador to India H.E. Freddy Svane
• Business Environment in India post Covid-19: Mr. Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog
• The India Opportunity: Mr. Deepak Bagla, CEO, Invest India
• Why invest in India?: Mr. Chandrajit Bannerjee, Director General, CII
11:20 Building a Green Strategic Partnership: Focus on Energy, Infrastructure, Water and Food Processing
• India—An Emerging Superpower In Renewable Energy: Dr. K. Balaraman, Director General, National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE)
• Renewables and industry - Invest in India: Mr. Henrik Andersen, CEO, Vestas Wind Systems A/S
• Decoupling India’s Energy intensity and GDP growth: Mr. Kim Fausing, CEO, Danfoss A/S
11:55 Building a Green Strategic Partnership: Focus on Energy, Infrastructure, Water and Food Processing
• Developing infrastructure and energy: Mr. S. V. Desai, Head of Infrastructure, L&T
• Perspectives from Tata Consultancy Services: Mr. Sapthagiri Chapalapalli, Head of Europe, TCS
• Perspectives from COWI: Mr. Rasmus Ødum, Group COO, Executive Vice President, COWI A/S
• Collaboration in water-related challenges: Mr. Bharat Lal, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Water (Jal Shakti)
• Perspectives from Grundfos: Mr. Mads Nipper, CEO, Grundfos A/S
• Business opportunities in the Indian Food Sector: Mrs. Reema Prakash, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Food Processing Industry
• Current situation and FOSS’s perspectives on future opportunities in India: Mr. Kim Vejlby Hansen, CEO, FOSS
• Closing remarks:
Mr. Thomas Bustrup, Deputy Director General & COO, DI & Ambassador H.E. Mr. Ajit Gupte